WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Cell WILL NOT vertical center! HELP!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble centering a cell in your table. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
  1. Select the cell that you want to center vertically.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Align" dropdown menu and select "Align Center".
  4. If the cell still isn't centered, try adjusting the row height. Right-click on the row that contains the cell and select "Row Height". Make sure that the "Specify height" checkbox is unchecked and that the "Row height is" dropdown menu is set to "Auto". Click "OK" to apply the changes.
  5. If the cell still isn't centered, try adjusting the table properties. Right-click anywhere in the table and select "Table Properties". Go to the "Row" tab and make sure that the "Allow row to break across pages" checkbox is unchecked. Go to the "Cell" tab and make sure that the "Vertical alignment" dropdown menu is set to "Center". Click "OK" to apply the changes.
  6. If none of these steps work, try copying the contents of the cell to a new cell and see if that cell can be centered vertically.

I hope these steps help you solve the issue!