WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I lock table in Word templete & still a edit cell contents?

Yes, you can lock the table in a Word template and still be able to edit the contents of each table cell. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Open the Word template that contains the table you want to lock.
  2. Click on the table to select it.
  3. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  4. Click on "Properties" in the "Table" group.
  5. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, go to the "Table" tab.
  6. Check the box next to "Specify height" and enter the desired height for the table cells.
  7. Check the box next to "Specify width" and enter the desired width for the table cells.
  8. Click on the "Row" tab.
  9. Check the box next to "Allow row to break across pages" if you want the table to be split across multiple pages.
  10. Click on the "Column" tab.
  11. Check the box next to "Preferred width" and enter the desired width for the table columns.
  12. Click "OK" to close the "Table Properties" dialog box.

Now your table is locked in terms of its size and number of cells, but you can still edit the contents of each cell. When you cut and paste content cells, it will enter the pasted content into the existing cells, rather than adding cells. This should save you time and effort in editing your tables.