Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Splitting row adds page break

When the gridlines are showing, do you see faint dotted lines where you want
the inside borders to be? If not, you may need to split the cells.

Pam

ahdoj wrote:
I am working in W2003 in a table created by the government. I don't know what
version they used.

The table is 4-columns, multiple pages. The problem is that I need to add
some inside border lines across the columns. Every time I do this, it inserts
a page break.

There are no rows set for exact height, there are no paragraph line and page
controls. There is section of two merged cells (one row, two columns) but it
is above where I am trying to work.

Is this perhaps a 2007/2003 issue? Or is there something else I don't know
to look for.

Thanks in advance for you time and expertise!