Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default Getting rid of UK English--MS Word 2003 Speller

Unfortunately, now in these new files they will not let me add endnotes.
Every attempt to insert notes crashes Word entirely?? Not sure what is going
on. JF

"removing all headers and footers" wrote:

Great! It now works fine.

Suzanne, as ever, you are a lifesaver. thanks, Joe
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ctrl+A (Select All) and use Tools | Language | Set Language to change the
language setting to English (U.S.). Note that Ctrl+A selects the document
body only; you may need to change the language for headers, footers,
footnotes, endnotes, etc., separately.

http://word.mvps.org

"removing all headers and footers"
t.com wrote in message
My book chapter files were copyedited in England and now own my MS WORD
2003
speller insists on using English (UK) when spell checking these files.

I have set the MS Word 2003 tools/language default as English (US), and
also Windows XP regional/language setting in control panel is set for
English
(US), but when I work on these files and spell check them, the speller
STILL
insists on using English (UK) and stopping for all US words that are
spelled
differently in British English.

How do I permanently, forever, get rid of English (UK) in MS Word and
Windows XP? I have no use for it.... Thanks.