Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default How do I set new tabs for new templates in Word?

See http://www.gmayor.com/Template_Locations.htm
DO NOT attempt to share normal.dot!

Master Converter wrote:
I am designing templates for my office which has several branches. I
am wondering how to set new tabs for these templates so that (in Word
'03) when you select "file" and then choose "new" and the templates
list is displayed, you can select your branch-specific templates.
All templates must be available for everyone, but it would be helpful
to be able to divide them up. We are actually finally converting from
Lotus to MS, and a lot of the staff is used to the SmartMaster
set-up. I've tried adding new folders on the C:/Program
Files/Office/Word/Templates, but that doesn't produce a tab.