Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Problem deleting old Word file after save as to new file name

That seems like the behavior most people would want -- usually when
you Save As, it's because you want two copies of the file with
different names, so it protects you from accidentally deleting the
original.

On Sep 3, 2:56*pm, Bouncinalong
wrote:
I have a macro that saves a Word form as another filename (SaveAs) in another
folder on a network drive and I use the filesystemobject to delete the old
file from the original folder after the "save as" is complete. *It works fine
on some PC's but others won't let the file be deleted. *It appears that Word
still has a handle to the original file after the save as is complete which
won't let me delete the old file (I also can't delete them manually using
Windows Explorer until I close the instance of Word). *Shouldn't Word let go
of the original file after a "save as" is completed? *Is this a registry
issue?

Thanks for any help!
--
Good Times!