Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Printing links in Word

Ah, I forgot to mention that you have to use Ctrl+V to paste (Ctrl+C to
copy). Since this is the only way I ever do it, I forget that others are
dependent on toolbar buttons and shortcut menus.

"wenpeek" wrote in message

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
There's no single-click way to do this, but it can be done. Paste the
link
into Word as before; then do one of the following:

1. Press Alt+F9. You'll see the underlying field code, something like
{
HYPERLINK "http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm" }.
Select
the text between the quotes and copy it. Press Alt+F9 again and paste
the
link in place of the display text. If this results in the hyperlink no
longer being clickable, you'll need to turn it back into a hyperlink;
see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HyperlinkProbs.htm for
instructions.

2. Alternatively, right-click on the hyperlink and choose Edit
Hyperlink.
Select the text in the "Address" box and copy; then paste it into the
"Text
to display" box, and click OK. This is probably a more satisfactory
method
if you need the hyperlink to be clickable.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

I'm gonna give option 1 a shot and see how that works out. I tried
option 2 but for some reason when I right clicked to paste nothing
happened and I ended up having to type the address in ghe display box
(which was pretty stupid cuz I could have just done that on the actual
document). Thanks for the help. :-)

Wendy Peek ~ Dallas, Texas

--
wenpeek