Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod

Default How do I set up a multiplication talley in a Word table?

Hi Tonya,

In the cell where you want the calculation to appear:
.. press Ctrl-F9 to create a field
.. between the filed braces (i.e. '{}') type '=E1*F1', so that you've got
{=E1*F1}
.. add any numeric picture switches you might want
.. press F9 to update the field

For more information on how to do a wide range of calculations in Word,
check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442

Cheers

"Tonya" wrote in message
I am trying to get the quantity from cell A1 multiplied by cell E1 to show

up
in F1. I've taken all the steps that Microsoft Office has asked me to do

and
have even had someone else to check to see if they could get it to

calculate
and it did on another machine. Help! What am I doing? Is it the machine

or
the user? Thanks!