kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Stefan I did reply to you at Microsoft site re the topic "Cant change footnote number from superscript in footnotes" but it doesnt seem to have made it onto the site.
Wow looking at my posts in the past I must have been under stress judging by my typing. I just want to say thank you for your help on word banter and Microsoft. You gave me a lot of assistance on the topic “Can’t change footnote number from superscript in footnotes” My username was Diana_9999
I am a little bit clearer on how macros work but at first it was so overwhelming to an intermediate level user. Yes you were right about the extra code and nobody else pointed this out when they sent me to the article on how to perform this task, although acknowledged that you were correct.
It would be a real help if a new article could be written by Microsoft themselves and show step by step screenshots for users like myself or better still to write this function in the next version of word. I had several people refer me to the only article dealing with my problem that must be over 10 years old and no longer correct. Do you have any influence with Microsoft? It appears you and others on the forum are doing part of their job.
Stefan you and all the others on this site and Microsoft are wonderful with your time and patience. I have looked at a lot of material on creating and working with macros but there never seems to be an example that fits your situation and it is difficult to grasp. I am not good with technical concepts and reapplying them to other situations.
Isn’t it about time Microsoft supplied comprehensive online interactive videos or tutorials for new and intermediate users, even at a price. I have messed up big time and want to try and get out of this rather than rely on the goodwill of others who have given me their time. It is difficult to assist people with elementary knowledge. I have tried to get one on one training in the things I want to know but no one will do this as it is not economical. I actually paid someone to implement the code for superscript problem. He gave me step by step screenshots and I couldn’t have done it without them. I have looked at lots of resources but none seem to explain the concepts in simple language.

Thanks so much