Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Undo sections within a chapter in long doc and retain footnote num

Some features are well hidden in Word. :-)

Yes, I contribute to the Microsoft Community as well. Actually, the
Community (formerly Microsoft Answers) is the predecessor of the
microsoft.public.word.* newsgroups, which (a few years back) were hosted on
Microsoft servers. Nowadays, the groups have a life of their own here on
Usenet... Traffic is relatively slow, as you may have noticed.

I'm not sure which thread in the Community you are referring to. Posting a
link would help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;493964']To work with footnote separators: Switch to Draft view (Word
2007 or later).
Click the References tab, and then click Show Notes. In the footnotes
pane,
click the arrow next to the drop down and choose Footnote Separator. You
can
then delete the separator (or replace it with something else if you
wish).
You can do the same for the Footnote Continuation Separator.

Do post back with additional questions/follow-ups. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
kaye123

"kaye123" wrote in message
...-

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:-
;493959']But you do know how to delete the footnote separator in a
Word
document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

--
kaye123 --

Ok thanks Stefan. I will look at it, But the Footnote Continuation
Separator?
I wasnt aware of it so I will have a look. The typeseter said to change
it to a line. I didn't think I could. I will try this.

You will see I responded to the topic "changing footnote to a number by
changing macro "at microsoft community. (I see you are also a member). A
thread I started and someone else wanted info on.
As a result I have a real problem and I may have to post again so I
hope someone can help once I recreate the problem and I can explain it.
I will continue to try and sove it but I think it is a unique problem
caused by changing my global template. My user name ends with 999.
Thought you should know. Dont want to misrepresent.

Thanks for your time again

--
kaye123 [/i][/color]