KarenLRB KarenLRB is offline
Junior Member

Default Issues with hyphens in Caption changing to em dash

I am having a problem where my hyphens in my caption numbers are changing to em dashes. Here's what I have set: in Caption dialog box, under Options, Label is set to Figure, Position set to Below selected item, Exclude label from caption is turned on; in Numbering, Format is set to 1, 2, 3, Incluce chapter number is on, Chapter starts with Heading 1, Use separator is set to hyphen.

Everytime I insert a caption, the caption displays in my document with an em dash instead of a hyphen (so like 1(em dash)1. Caption Title instead of 1-1. Caption Title (with a hyphen)). I am using Word 2007 and this is happening to all of my documents that use captions. It is also happening on some of my colleagues documents using Word 2007 and Word 2010.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!