Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
David G.[_2_] David G.[_2_] is offline

Default MS Word not retaining changes to styles (indent values)

I am working on reformatting a Word document for a colleague. One change I am trying to make is the indent of some bulleted items, which are under a style called "List Paragraph."

The original indent settings were Left Indent .75", Hanging Indent .25". I selected the drop-down menu next to the style, and changed the left indent three times, the last being .2" Left Indent and .2" Hanging Indent.

Those latest values are retained in the style, but in the document on-screen, the indent values refuse to change, and the ruler shows the previous indent settings (as does the actual body of text).

Why is the text refusing to reflect the new indent settings?