WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I get word to make hyperlinks that work

It sounds like the issue may be with the hyperlink formatting in your Word document. Here are some steps you can try to ensure that your hyperlinks work properly:
  1. Highlight the text that you want to turn into a hyperlink.
  2. Right-click on the highlighted text and select "Hyperlink" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Insert Hyperlink" window that appears, make sure that the "Address" field contains the correct URL for the website you want to link to.
  4. If the URL is correct, click "OK" to create the hyperlink.
  5. To test the hyperlink, hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and click on the hyperlink. This should open the website in your default web browser.

If you're still having trouble with the hyperlink, you may want to try copying and pasting the URL directly into the "Address" field in the "Insert Hyperlink" window, rather than relying on Word to automatically format the hyperlink for you. You can also try reformatting the hyperlink by removing any extra spaces or characters that may be causing issues.