dnelson

Default How do I get word to make hyperlinks that work

For a class I'm taking I have to create a word document that contains
hyperlinks to different web pages(hotlist). When I copy and paste the url
from internet explorerinto the word document it is automatically converted
into a hyperlink (underlined and blue). So far so good. Now to check the
link, I control click on the link and get the following error message

Unable to open (site name). Cannot locate internet server or proxy server.

The URL is correctly entered (I just paste it back into internet explorer
and it goes directly there). So why can't word find the web site?