dnelson1

I tried your test. I copied the URL to Google from IE
(http://www.google.com). Didn't use the parenthesis. In a new word document,
I used Crtl+K and pasted the URL into the Address: box. Then I Crtl+click and
got same error message. I then went to right click on the hyperlink and chose
edit hyperlink. Typed google's URL directly in the address: box. checked to
see if it worked, no luck. Any other ideas?
dnelson

"TF" wrote:

Just as a test, try selecting and copying the URL from IE, then in Word use
Insert, Hyperlink (Ctrl+K) and paste the URL into the URL box (note: you
have to use the keyboard). Does that work?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"dnelson" wrote in message
: For a class I'm taking I have to create a word document that contains
: hyperlinks to different web pages(hotlist). When I copy and paste the url
: from internet explorerinto the word document it is automatically converted
: into a hyperlink (underlined and blue). So far so good. Now to check the
: link, I control click on the link and get the following error message
:
: Unable to open (site name). Cannot locate internet server or proxy server.
:
: The URL is correctly entered (I just paste it back into internet explorer
: and it goes directly there). So why can't word find the web site?