TF

Well I really have no idea what is happening here. You may have to call
Microsoft and bug this issue. I've certainly not seen this particular
problem (though there are other issues with hyperlinks in 2003).

Terry

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: Weird. I'm thinking about this...
:
: tf
:
: "dnelson1" wrote in message
: ...
::I tried your test. I copied the URL to Google from IE
:: (http://www.google.com). Didn't use the parenthesis. In a new word
: document,
:: I used Crtl+K and pasted the URL into the Address: box. Then I Crtl+click
: and
:: got same error message. I then went to right click on the hyperlink and
: chose
:: edit hyperlink. Typed google's URL directly in the address: box. checked
:: see if it worked, no luck. Any other ideas?
:: dnelson
::
:: "TF" wrote:
::
:: Just as a test, try selecting and copying the URL from IE, then in Word
: use
:: Insert, Hyperlink (Ctrl+K) and paste the URL into the URL box (note:
you
:: have to use the keyboard). Does that work?
::
:: --
:: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
:: http://word.mvps.org/
::
:: "dnelson" wrote in message
:: ...
:: : For a class I'm taking I have to create a word document that contains
:: : hyperlinks to different web pages(hotlist). When I copy and paste the
: url
:: : from internet explorerinto the word document it is automatically
: converted
:: : into a hyperlink (underlined and blue). So far so good. Now to check
: the
:: : link, I control click on the link and get the following error message
:: :
:: : Unable to open (site name). Cannot locate internet server or proxy
: server.
:: :
:: : The URL is correctly entered (I just paste it back into internet
: explorer
:: : and it goes directly there). So why can't word find the web site?
::
::
::
: