Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Mullikin Ed Mullikin is offline

Default Tab leaders

I had about eight names and eight committee positions to list on successive
lines in a Word document. I used the manual line break after each one so
that I would have only one paragraph format, if that makes any sense. I
selected the leader with the lower row of dots. Half of the names tabbed to
the committee position with the midlevel dots and half with the lower level
dots. If I went back to the tab set function and used no leader all the
dots disappeared so I know it was one paragraph. What gives? I put in a
footnote saying that I didn't know the cause or they would have thought me
careless.