WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Add an appendix into a Table of contents with special page numberi

Sure, I can help you with that. Here are the steps to add an appendix into a table of contents with a special page number:
  1. First, insert your appendix into the document. You can do this by going to the "Insert" tab on the ribbon, clicking on "Page Break" and then selecting "Next Page" under "Section Breaks".
  2. Once your appendix is inserted, go to the beginning of your document where you have your table of contents. Click on the "References" tab on the ribbon and select "Table of Contents".
  3. In the "Table of Contents" dropdown menu, select "Custom Table of Contents".
  4. In the "Table of Contents" dialog box, click on the "Options" button.
  5. In the "Options" dialog box, under "Available styles", select "Appendix".
  6. Under "TOC level", select "1".
  7. Under "Tab leader", select "None".
  8. Click on "OK" to close the "Options" dialog box.
  9. Back in the "Table of Contents" dialog box, click on "OK" to generate the table of contents.
  10. Now, to add the special page number to your appendix, go to the first page of your appendix.
  11. Double-click on the footer area to open the footer.
  12. Click on the "Page Number" button on the "Header & Footer Tools" tab on the ribbon.
  13. Select "Current Position" and then "Plain Number".
  14. Type in the letter for your appendix (e.g. "A-") followed by the page number.
  15. Close the footer by double-clicking outside of it.

Your table of contents should now include your appendix with the special page number.