Sverre Medalen

Stefan,

Thanks for your quick replay.

I did some more tests. This time I paid more attention to which style the
Character style was applied to. My experience was the following:
- When Character style is applied to a Paragraph style type, removing the
Character style made the text go back to the initial formatting of the
Paragraph style.
- When Character style is applied to text in a table (of the style Table
Grid),
removing the Character style made the text go back to its initial colour,
but
the font-family changed to Arial (from Times New Roman) and text size
changed to 11pt (from 10pt).

Does this make more sence? Should I use another style than Table Grid inside
tables to avoid this problem in tables?

Stefan Blom skrev:

Are you sure that the underlying paragraph style is correctly formatted?
If so, it should suffice to select the text and press Ctrl+SpaceBar to
reset its font formatting.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Sverre Medalen" wrote in message
In my document I want to emphasize text for evaluation that other

persons
shall find easily. Thereafter I want to be able to easily remove the
emphasize so that the text regains its initial formatting.

To solve this, I've made a style of type Character and changed its

colour to
red. I marked som text (in Times New Roman, 10pt, black) with that

character
style. The text changed from black to red, while keeping the

font-family and
size of the Paragraph style, as expected.
Thereafter I deleted the Character style to see if the marked text

regained
its initial format. The text colour went back to black, but the

font-family
and size became Arial and 11pt respectively. How can I get Word to

give a
text marked with a Character style the style of its Paragraph style

when I
delete the Character style?

Regards,
Sverre