Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Inserting custom graphics into Word document

Thanks, Suzanne, however Tony's response to my inquiry did not say
anything
about anchoring the text box to the First Page Header.

I beg to differ: Tony wrote, "Insert a text box in the Header." That means
*in* the header, not just in the header area.

For emailing, you'd be much better advised to use PDFs.

Wrt macros, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

"lhall33950" wrote in message
news
Thanks, Suzanne, however Tony's response to my inquiry did not say

anything
about anchoring the text box to the First Page Header. I have very limited
experience with Word but I printed out your recommended link about headers
which includes info about anchoring so hopefully I'll understand it well
enough to make it work. As far as the security of the content...it is not
only our employees we are concerned about but also when we email documents

as
attachments outside our company. The link you provided about preventing

users
from editing the header of a document looks like exactly when we need to
do...however, novice that I am, it is greek to me. Can you tell me where

do I
find the "This Document module" of the template I'm going to create into
which I should copy/paste the language? And, if there are any additional
instructions that would need to accomplish this please include those. It
sounds too easy to just copy/paste...Thanks.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you're really anchoring your text box to the First Page Header (as

Tony
advised), it will neither jump to the next page nor be repeated on the

next
page. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm. Putting
stuff in the header/footer will prevent inadvertent changes; it will not
prevent deliberate tampering. If that is an issue that cannot be

addressed
by user education (and really, if you tell employees not to do something

and
they do it anyway, then that is a Human Resources issue), then see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...PlusHeader.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lhall33950" wrote in message
Thank you so much for the quick response. Can you tell me if we set

this
up
in a template format will the "graphics" be protected? We have a list

of
names that runs down the left side of the page and don't want it to be
accessible to anyone who could make changes to the text.
I also read the reply sent byTony Jollans and, interestingly enough,

his
solution is what we are currently doing...however, every time a letter
extends on to a second page the text box with the names jumps over

into
the
middle of page 1 which causes massive frustration for our non-Word

saavy
secretaries. (And, with this scenario the text column is not protected

in
any
way so it is also editable by other parties.)

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No macro is needed; you just need a letterhead template. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, especially the

"More
complex letterhead" section.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"lhall33950" wrote in message
My firm does not use preprinted letterhead. We want to be able to

produce
our
letterhead electronically each time we prepare a letter. We have a

banner
that runs across the top of the sheet (our logo), a column of

names
that
runs
down the left side of the sheet and 3 lines of centered type at

the
bottom
of
the sheet (address/phone/fax info). We want to be able to open up

blank
page in Word and click on a toolbar button that instructs a macro

insert
the 3 blocks of "graphics" into the sheet and then be able to type

the
contents of the letter in the remaining space. We are open to any

method
accomplish this (within reason). I need to get in touch with

someone
who
is
extremely knowledgeable in Word to discuss this in more detail.

Please
help!
We have MS Office Standard Edition 2003.