You're right, of course, and I think that is what I started to write and
then got confused.

"SVC" wrote in message
Good suggestion re F4.

The only problem I see is that by accepting the page setup in the last
section and applying them to the next-to-last section, you will not get

what
it sounds like to me was requested--to have the setup of the last section
match the setup of the next-to-last section ("I now want to delete the
section break and have the whole document appear like the first part of

the
section.")

So the setup should be accepted in th next-to-last section, then move to

the
last section and press F4 (the reverse of what you suggested).

As usual, I appreciate your suggestions which are right on the mark!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

An easier way to do step 1: In the last section, go to Page Setup,

change
nothing, and click OK to accept the settings. Move the insertion point

the next-to-last section and press F4. This will duplicate the margins,
paper size, etc., for the next-to-last section.

For more, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"SVC" wrote in message
There are two things you will need to do before deleting the section

break.

1. Set the page setup in the section to be the same as the first
section--look in the first section under File Page Setup , on the

Margin
tab for the margin settings (Top, Bottom, Right, Left, as well as

Header
and
Footer) and make them the same in the second section. Also check the
settings on the other tables for any differences and make both

sections
the
same.

2. Now, using View Header/Footer, first in the header select

Same as

header into the second section; now switch to the footer and do the

same
thing.

Once you have the setup of both sections the same, you can delete the
section break and retain the setup of the first section throughout

your
document.

I'd suggest that you work with a copy of your original just in case a
setting does not carry through properly.

"Chris O." wrote:

I have a word document with one section break in it. After the

section
break,
the headers/footers/borders/margins are quite different to the front

part of
the document.

I now want to delete the section break and have the whole document

appear
like the first part of the section.

When I now try and delete this section break the whole document

reverts
the settings of the second half of the document and wipes out the

first
half's setting.

Does anyone know how I can delete the section break and not loose

the
document settings of the first half of the document?