Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Chuck Davis

Default Eliminating redundant spaces

Scott,
Word can't correct all users errors automatically. The programmers have come
a long way since the first release, but there is just so much that can be
overcome.
"Scott Meyers" wrote in message
Dawn Crosier, MVP wrote:
I find and replace two spaces with one space quite often. It is not
necessary to use wildcards or any other character other than the space
bar when filling in the Find and Replace textboxes.

Also, you can turn on grammar checking to give you a visual clue that you
just typed a double space.

Tools, Options, Spelling & Grammar. Locate the Settings button. In the
Grammar dialog box, change the Spaces required between sentences to 1.

I was aware of these options. What I'm looking for is a way to get Word
to take care of the problem automatically without any intervention on my
part. Is there no way to set this up?

Thanks,

Scott