Jon

It's sounds incredibly complicated. What's the problem wth directly copying
normal.dot?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
I don't recommend directly copying normal.dot. Instead rename it something
like normalold.dot and put it in the Word Startup folder as a secondary
global template. (Pull duplicate AutoText out of it first.) See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jon" wrote in message
I've set up my copy of Word so that it's just how I want it, (macros,
toolbar
buttons including some I've created myself, keyboard shortcuts). How do I
copy the setup to another PC running Word. Should I just copy the
normal.dot
over, or is there more to it than that?

I've read about template bloat, and how to clear it
(http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/TemplateBloat.htm). The article
mentions
compiling the VBA. How do I do this? I thought that VBA was an
interpreted
language so didn't need to be compile.