Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alison Alison is offline

Default Word 2003 has auto-created a font substitution that I can't get ri

Sometime in the last week, MS Word 2003 has decided that I don't have Arial
Bold on my computer and insists on substituting the Default font - which
means that my printed documents are screwed up.

The font is in the Font directory and if I'm logged in as Administrator,
there is no Font substitution at all - so as Administrator, the system
recognizes that the Font file exists.

I've "repaired" Word, I've reinstalled Word, I've uninstalled then
reinstalled Word, so far, nothing makes this go away.

Any suggestions?

(I'm running MS Office 2003, on XP Pro with SP 2. If it matters, the
computer is a P4, 3GHz with 1.46GB of RAM.)