Bay Area DebG

Try checking your document options.
1) Select Options from the Tools menu
2) Select the "Save" tab
3) Ensure the checkbox "Disable features introduced after:" is unchecked
4) Select the "Compatibility" tab
5) Select the Recommended Options for Word 2003
6) Click OK, then resave your document, close it, and open it back up.
7) If that doesn't work, delete your table, then configure as shown above,
save, then close. Then recreate your table.
8) If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else might work.

--
Let me know if this helps!
Bay Area DebG

"Super-frustrated-marshian" wrote:

Nope this didn't work. The header row I am trying to repeat is indeed the
first row. The header row contains regular text (no fields). I can open
other documents which have the table header repeated, but in my (new)
document the header will not repeat. I have checked the table properties and
can see no difference in this Word Doc and the Word Docs where the table
header repeats.

Any other suggestions, greatly appreciated.

"Bay Area DebG" wrote:

Since you are a pretty advanced user of Word, I am assuming that you used the
Table Properties: Row and selected "Repeat as header row." If you did this,
then the only other thing I can think of is that you are not selecting the
first row as your header row. MS Word will only repeat the first or a first
number of rows for repeating across pages, you cannot select the 2nd or
subsequent rows for repeating. If you need this to happen, break your table
and insert a 1pt paragraph between the rows you do not want repeated and the
new ones that you do, then you can select the rows that you want to repeat
across pages.
--
Thanks,
Deb

"Super-frustrated-marshian" wrote:

Using Word 2003, I am trying to get the table header to appear automatically
at the top of every page. However, even with this option selected - It will
not appear. I usually work in Print Layout View and I have tried printing a
page or two to see if it works, but it just doesn't.

I would rate myself as a pretty advanced user of Word.

If you can explain why it is not working, I would be super grateful.