Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JethroUK© JethroUK© is offline

Default Mail Merge Field - Font Switch?

MYFIELD \*Charformat

charformat switch applies the format of the first letter of the statement to
the rest of the field - in this case you can format just the "M" as
wingdings (whatever you want)

"Derek Hart" wrote in message

I know ahead of time when I put a merge field into a document that it will
be a wingdings font, but if I make the field wingdings, the template looks
pretty stupid because the whole field is in wingdings. Is there some kind
of switch I can put on a merge field, or some way to designate that it
should be the wingdings font without having to highlight the WHOLE field
and make it wingdings?

Derek