Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Can case be pre-determined so that merged document has correct upper and title cases?

You are welcome

StargateFan wrote:
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:41:51 -0500, "StargateFanFromWork"
wrote:

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Simple enough using switches
eg {Mergefield LastName \*Upper} will give you LASTNAME
see http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

Thanks for this link here. When I did the changes the first time, it
didn't work. I needed to follow the instructions given on this page.
Worked beautifully!

Thank you, thank you! I never knew about these switches. Great.
Will try it out today when I make the merge files.

Cheers. D

StargateFan wrote:
I was wondering, as I've never had this come up before, if we can
pre-set what the case of the finished, merged document? For
example, my intention later on today at work is to create the
source, data file in Excel with first and last name fields.
Hopefully the person can just enter both in title case.

But in the Word label document, will need one of 4 labels to be
like this:

LAST NAME, First Name

while the other 3 will have their format as

First Name Last Name.

Can this be done? Thanks! D