Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SharonJ SharonJ is offline

Default How do I force a dialog box when I click on the printer icon?

It's just that I also use WordPerfect and I am so used to clicking on the
printer icon and having it open a dialog box, that I just automatically do it
when using Word. Thanks for your help.

"Peter A" wrote:

In article ,
says...
When I click on the printer icon, Word prints the whole document. I would
like it to open a dialog box such as when you choose file, print. Does
anyone know how to do this?

The whole point of the printer icon is to print the whole document using
the default printer.

Is hitting Ctrl+P or selecting File, Print really such a hassle? If so,
add another icon to the toolbar and map it to File, Print.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers