Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Word 2007 - changing the default line spacing

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Note, however, that there *is* a difference between setting the defaults
(via the Manage Styles dialog box) and changing the Normal style. For
example, changes made to the default settings will affect the corresponding
settings of all styles (where that setting hasn't been explicitly defined),
no matter if the style has a base style (parent style) or not.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"John Salerno" wrote in message
"John Salerno" wrote in message
This isn't exactly what I want. What this seems to do is change the
default settings for the "Normal" style. I don't want this, in case I
ever want or need to switch back to Normal style.

What I want is for the "No Spacing" style to be selected as the default
when I create a new document. Is this possible?

Ah, finally I figured it out. I changed the entire style set to "Word
2003" and set that as the default. So now the "Normal" style for the Word
2003 set is what I want.