Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Cannot open printer property window in Word 2007

Sounds like a driver problem... the error you're getting through the control
panel is most likely the same response Word receives when you try to access
the printer's properties from there. Also, the "n" suggests "network". If so
that could be another factor - is the driver installed locally or are you
accessing it from the network? Do the configurations match? If it's a
network issue your IT people will have to resolve it.

If it isn't a networked printer, make sure you have the latest driver update
from the HP web site. If there isn't a newer one than what you have,
reinstall a fresh copy of it. Should that not help contact HP support.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"cjoshta" wrote in message
My computer is a HP Pavilion Slimline purchased new October 2007 from HP.
It
has Windows Vista. I have Office Small Business 2007. I have a document
ready
to print. I can select print and print, but I need to make some changes in
the properties to make some changes in the way it prints. When I try to
open
the properties in the print window, my word documents get shut down.

I don't know if this is a Vista problem or a Office problem, but it is a
problem. My printer is a HP Color LaserJet 3600n and when going to the
control panel, hardware, printers and right clicking on my printer I get
this
exception code: " Function address 0x71d173f caused a protection fault.
(exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be
displayed. I have a newsletter I am trying to get out and this is delaying
my
productivity.

Thank you,

-----