Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Combining multiple mail merge doc's and then sorting by last name

You mean that you want to combine a number of week's worth of letters and
have them appear in that documnet with all of the A's , then the B's etc?.

What would be easier would be to save all of the mail merge main documents,
then combine them and then execute a merge of the combined document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Chris" wrote in message
I've got a mail merge that goes every week or so which I save each week.
want at some point to take the mail merges and combine them all and then
sort
by last name. Each document has a header and then under it the name
(first
and last) and then address information then the body of the letter, etc.
Is
there a way I can take these combined merges and alpha sort them by last
name? I can't seem to figure out how to do it, or if it's possible.