Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rhionin Rhionin is offline

Default How do I view a full file history of my documents?

Thank you for the help effort. This definitely would have done the trick,
but unfortunately, I think that I may have been subject to some virus closing
without save notification.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

When you click File, the most recently used documents should be listed at
the bottom of the File menu, just above Exit. Do you see the file listed
there?

If not, you can use Windows Explorer to look for it. If you know the name,
specfify it, otherwise, specify *.DOC, and be sure to include
subfolders/subdirectories. When you get the list, use Details view, and sort
by Date Modified, and look at the files that were last modified about the
time that you lost track of the document.