Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default problems on linked visio diagrams

Hi eancamero

eancamero wrote:
Hi! I have a master document which contains links to visio diagrams. The
master document and the visio diagrams are on Share Point and are saved in
separate folders. The Visio diagrams contains macros.

My problem is that the updated Visio diagrams do not show up in the master
document. Manually updating the links cause errors -- it says it couldn't
find the file. What do you think is wrong?

I'm not sure you'll find many with first-hand expertise in handling such
a "beast"[1-3] (Master Documents with links, both on SPS). When you talk
about "links", what exactly are we facing in this document: embedded OLE
objects? pictures? hyperlinks?

To reduce complexity: have you ever tried the same kind of "link", with
document and target on a SPS site, with a normal document?

HTH
Robert
[1]
Why Master Documents corrupt (by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm
[2]
How can I recover a corrupt document or template €“ and why did it become
corrupt? (by Dave Rado and John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm
[3]
Master Documents (by Steve Hudson)