Default Copy text from word document to cell of a table

Hi All,

In a word document, I have some text and then a table below it. I would
like to select part of a text and paste it in a particular cell, then
another part in another cell.... I tried recording a macro, but I am
unable to toggle between table and "non-table" area in a doc.

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Background : I have my employee's monthly data in an excel sheet. I
need to generate a word (.doc) file as the payslip of each employee and
mail him / her. The contents of the payslip doc file is a table, part
of whose content is static (eg. company's logo) and other is dynamic
(eg. employee info).

Thanks, Abbas