Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Repeating Decimals

The equation editor in Word 2003 (2000 and XP also) does not get installed
by default. You must re-run Office setup from Control Panel Add or Remove
Programs and add it. It then becomes available as insert object.

InvaderDeviLin wrote:
my version doesnt have the equation thing, but thank you for your
response

"Rob" wrote:

Of course, this presumes you're using Office 2007. Which of course
I forgot everybody isn't using :P

I do believe the equation is your best bet and I believe it was
available in Office 2003... somewhere.

"Rob" wrote:

It's a little tricky, but here's what I've got.

Under the "insert" tab, you have an equations button. Press that
to insert an equation into your document. Type the decimal you
need repeating. Select the digit(s) that you need the straight
"repeating accent" over. Under the Design tab (it should already
be active) click the "accent" button and select the repeating
accent (it looks like a straight line over a dotted square). That
should take care of that.

It'd be WAY easier if "overline" was an available font effect (like
it is on the web -- go figure).

"InvaderDeviLin" wrote:

How do I write a repeating decimal in Word?