Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Date calculation - for a NON-genius

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
As long as all you need to calculate is the date,

Correction: The *year*!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

it's
straightforward:

{ = { DATE \@ "yyyy" } + 1 }

To insert each pair of field delimiters, press Ctrl+F9. Type the
instructions exactly as shown. Press F9 to update.

Note that the above fields show the next year based on the current
year. That is, if the field is updated next year, it will display
2008. If you want to add 1 to the creation date of the file, use the
following instead:

{ = { CREATEDATE \@ "yyyy" } + 1 }

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gilbert De Ceulaer" wrote in message
How do I insert a field that gives me "2007" in a letter.
I mean how do I insert a field that shows me next year.
All the previous replies give addresses of FAQ, that require an

IQ
of 160,
which I do not have

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!