WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Repeating Decimals

Writing a repeating decimal in Word is actually quite simple. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. Open a new or existing Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section.
  4. In the "Equation" menu, click on the "Fraction" button.
  5. In the fraction box, type the non-repeating part of the decimal in the numerator and the repeating part in the denominator.
  6. To indicate that the decimal repeats, click on the "Design" tab that appears when you have the equation selected.
  7. In the "Tools" section of the "Design" tab, click on the "More" button.
  8. Select "Bar" from the drop-down menu.
  9. Click on the repeating part of the decimal in the denominator.
  10. Click on the "Bar" button in the "Tools" section of the "Design" tab.

Your repeating decimal should now be properly formatted in Word. You can adjust the size and position of the equation as needed.