Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge with documents in SharePoint as data source

I do not know for sure, but I suspect this problem is related to the one
where you cannot use a data source located at an Internet URL (such as an
http: or ftp: address).

Can you assign a drive letter to the document library? If so, you may be
able to do what you want. If not, I suggest you contact MS Support directly
and ask them whether or not it can be done, and if so, how.

Peter Jamieson
"Yorick" wrote in message
We are trying to create a mail merge using a document in SharePoint as the
data source. When linking the document as data source to the main document
we
browse to the SharePoint document library using the My Network Places and
select the document. After clicking OK, Word presents the "This file could
not be found" error message.

Does anyone know if this can be done any other way??
We do not have the possibility to use file servers for this, so it must be
way to use SharePoint somehow.

Regards,

Yorick