Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Cindy Meister's Mail Merge with Charts - Not working?

What am I doing wrong?

I don't know, but...

Just to clarify, Cindy's macro assumes that your Mail Merge Data Source
has the same number of records as the table in
MailMergePiechartData.doc, i.e. 9 records, and that it has the fields
needed by the letter she has produced. So you can try to you copy/paste
the following data into a .txt file or Word document (and remove any
line breaks that should not be there) and use that as the data source.
At least then we will know we are all using the same example:

EmployeeID,Last_Name,First_Name,Title_Of_Courtesy, Address,City,Region,Postal_Code,Country,Total_Sale s

1,Davolio,Nancy,Ms.,507 - 20th Ave. E. Apt. 2A,Seattle,WA,98122,USA,55014
2,Fuller,Andrew,Dr.,908 W. Capital Way,Tacoma,WA,98401,USA,70665
3,Leverling,Janet,Ms.,722 Moss Bay Blvd.,Kirkland,WA,98033,USA,76383
4,Peacock,Margaret,Mrs.,4110 Old Redmond Rd.,Redmond,WA,98052,USA,52422
5,Buchanan,Steven,Mr.,14 Garrett Hill,London,,SW1 8JR,UK,15695
6,Suyama,Michael,Mr.,10 Miner Rd.,London,,EC2 7JR,UK,10147
7,King,Robert,Mr.,33 Winchester Way,London,,RG1 9SP,UK,50548
8,Callahan,Laura,Ms.,4726 - 11th Ave. N.E.,Seattle,WA,98105,USA,49022
9,Dodsworth,Anne,Ms.,7 Houndstooth Rd.,London,,WG2 7LT,UK,35181

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 15/01/2010 16:41, Tansy Diaz wrote:
Ive been trying to create a mail merge with charts and found Cindy's zip file with the sample documents and instructions.

When I run the macro MergeWithChart in the sample document, MailMergePieChartLetter, the resulting merge only merges the first record. There are 9 records in the data document.

I haven't modified the code. I have only taken the documents from the zip file and saved onto my computer. I enabled the macros and have tried to merge just using the macro. When I do that I get an error message that says it has no data source. So then, using the mail merge feature, I associate the sample letter with the sample data doc. Then I use the macro and it runs, but only the first record.

What am I doing wrong? If I can't get the sample to work, I have 0 likelihood to modify for my own purposes. I have never developed my own macro and am not terribly familiar with Visual Basic.

Many thanks for any assistance!

EggheadCafe.com MSInfo C# Webservice
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-msinfo-c.aspx