Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Product Key

Unless you paid extra for Word/Office the pre-installed version on the
laptop will be a trial version. The trial has either expired or you have not
activated it. Probably the former.

Ryan Fisher wrote:
I have just bought a Sony Vaio with Windows Vista. Word was already
installed on this computer. I have opened it more than 25 times, but
now i can not type anymore it says it is locked. I figured out i need
to register it with the product key, but i cant seem to find it
anywhere on my computer. Do i have to buy this product? I thought it
came with my new laptop.

thanks for any help, Ryan Fisher