F A L

I have another question, now that i have tried to format an article with more
than one footnote in a line.
In page 7 I have 3 footnote references: 2, 3 and 4. Fn 5's reference is two
pages below, in page 9. Fns 2, 3 and 4 are short, so all of them fit into one
line. If I follow garfield-n-odie's advice and hide the pmarks at the end of
fns 2 and 3 then fn 5 appears at the bottom of page 7, even though fn 5's
references is still in page 9. I cannot insert a manual page break after fn
4 ("insert | break" is dimmed if the insertion point is in a fn), and if i
insert an empty carriage return either at the end of fn 4 or at the begining
of fn 5 a white line before the latter appears, and the last line of the main
text is moved to the next page (fn 5 remains in page 7). Can I force fn 5 to
appear in the same page in which the corresponding reference mark appears?
THanks in advance,
F A L

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, F A L. Yes you can. Click on the ¶ button on the Standard toolbar to
turn on display of non-printing characters. Select the paragraph mark at the
end of footnote 1 and format it as hidden (Format | Font | Hidden). Click on
the ¶ button again to turn off display of non-printing characters.

"F A L" wrote:

Can I have two footnotes in the same line? I would like, say, footnote "1.
ibid at 3" and footnote "2. ibid at 54" to appear in the same line, but when
i try to delete the paragraph mark at the end of the footnote, I get an
"invalid action" (or something like that). I gather that there is no way
around it, but just in case i would like to ask.