Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Unlocking a form

Janice914 wrote:
I have a word document that is a form that was created with 97-2003.
Now we are working with the new Word version and I don't know how to
unlock the form. Can anyone help?

The long way around: On the Review tab of the ribbon, click the Protect
Document button and choose Restrict Formatting and Editing. When the pane
appears on the right, click the Stop Protection button at the bottom (and
supply a password if one is needed).

The short way, after a one-time setup: Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar
and choose Customize. Set the category dropdown to Commands Not In the
Ribbon. Click on the Lock command and click the Add button, then OK. Click
that button on the Quick Access Toolbar once to unlock, and again to lock
the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman