Richard Neville

You may be thinking of Excel, as I can't remember ever being able to do what
you describe in a Word table. But there's an easy workaround. Click on the
row BEFORE WHICH you want to paste the copied rows, then select "Split
table" from the Table menu. Click on the non-table space that this opens up,
and paste the copied rows there. You can then delete the space to reunite
the two sections of the table.

"bmuse21" wrote in message
When I copy rows in a table within Word 2003, then go to paste those rows
elsewhere in the table, the pasted rows overwrite existing rows rather
than
inserting themselves before the existing rows.

I would swear that I used to just hit "Paste" and the rows would come in
as
new rows, bumping the existing rows down?

Can anyone help? Am I missing a setting?