Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Ann

Default Different margins for second page onwards

I am creating a template. I want the first page to have different headers,
footers and margins from subsequent pages. When I save the template, I want
only one page to be present.

I have used the €śDifferent First Page€ť in Page Setup to create the two sets
of headers and footers, which works great.

However, I cannot set different margins for the subsequent pages because
Page Setup only gives me the options Whole Document or From This Point
Forward. If I was doing this in an ordinary document for myself I would
insert a section break at the appropriate point and then create different
margins for that section.

But €“ I am setting up a blank template for others to use and therefore dont
want to put the section break in.

Is there a way to do this?