Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NewUser_Sanket

Default Headers and Footers in Main Body with Table Breaks

Hello Tony, Charles and others,

Both of you have asked me the purpose of my task. I work with SAS
programming language and SAS creates reports in RTF format. Now these reports
are individual tables which are on average 3-4 pages long. With SAS, we put
the title of the table in the header part of the RTF and some footnotes in
the footer part.

Lets say in an average there are 100 such reports. In the end we haave to
join all of them and still retain the Table titles and footnotes (as per
table) on each relevant page. Also, the final document will have a different
header and footer. Now because there are different headers and fo oters from
these 100 diferent reports, it is a pian with merging them into one.

The task I want to accomplish is for the header from the document to be a
part of the main document in each report and likewise with the footers. The
table has to break itself accordingly and get the header into the document
and the footer below it in every page and the header and footer should be
deleted. This way when the document is merged with others, the final
document will retain the table names and footnotes for each table, while at
the same time can have a common header and footer throughout.

I hope I have been clear.

Best regards,
Sanket