Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Geo 4 Geo 4 is offline

Default How do I avoid a blank line if a mail merge field is empty?

Some addresses need only one line before the city and state, that is, they
only need an Address 1 field. Other addresses require two or even three
lines so I have had to create an Address 2 and an Address 3 field.
Unfortunately, this means that when an address that has no data in Address 2
or Address 3 prints, the program leaves two blank lines between the Address 1
line and the City/State line. Is there anyway to avoid the blanks lines so
that the City/State line will appear directly under the Address 1 line if
there is no data in Address 2 and 3?