Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default microsoft exchange

Change your default e-mail application to Outlook and use Outlook Connector
to access your LiveMail account

Ikonoblast wrote:
Let's start over.

My wife has a fairly new Dell w/ Vista Ultimate and Office 2007.
When I open Word and try to send a document as an e-mail attachment,
I get the following:

Login Failed: You must log on to Microsoft Exchange to access your
address book. Error Code: "Unspecified Error:

I see on other groups the same problem occurs, but no satisfactory
solution has been offered. I have set WLive Mail as the default mail
handler.

Windows Live Mail does open, but a "new" message does not open to be
addressed.

Set Outlook as your default e-mail application.

Ikonoblast wrote:
My Word 1007 app looks for an exchange server. I use a POP server.
How do I fix this?