Wesley Vogel

Default Can't copy/past to Word!

If Word came installed as part of Works Suite then the Microsoft Works
Suite Add-in for Word (COM Add-in) is known to clear the contents of the
Windows Clipboard when Word starts.

Start Word first, then copy and paste.

Or follow the procedures here to remove the Works Suite add-in

WD The Windows Clipboard Content is Modified When Word Starts

This applies to Word 97, Word 2000, Word 2002 and Word 2003.

I did this about a year ago and it works swell. :-) Avoids a lot of
frustration.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In ,
Bill hunted and pecked:
I can't copy something, start up word, then paste it.

I need to start word, THEN go back to what I wanted to copy, and then
paste will work OK.

I can copy something, open up notepad, then paste it.

If I copy something, open up word, then open notepad, I can't paste!

Word is clearing out what I have copied when it opens!

(I do not have "works installed")

XP Pro 2002 SP2

Word 2003 SP2

Office Pro 2003