Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tara H

Default Many extra pages appearing from Excel mail merge

I have an Excel workbook with 4 sheets. These sheets all contain names,
addresses and account numbers. The data is roughly as follows:

Sheet 1:
Number Name Address
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c

Sheet 2:
Number Name Address
4 D 4a
5 E 5b
6 F 6c
7 G 7g
8 H 8h
9 I 9i

Sheet 3:
Number Name Address
4 D 4a
8 H 8h
9 I 9i

Sheet 4:
Code Name Address
90 Bank1 1
90 Bank2 2

I did a letter mail merge in Word using sheet 3 Excel file as the data source.
When I preview the results by pressing the button with abc, I get 40
results, which is the correct number, and the correct names are displayed as
I scroll through. But when I merge (to printer or file), I get the following
results:

4 D 4a
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c
8 H 8h
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c
9 I 9i
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c

In other words, all of Sheet 1 is merged in between every single row.

Does anyone know what is happening here and if there is anything I can do
about it?

Thanks,
Tara