Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Many extra pages appearing from Excel mail merge

I don't know what is happeneing, but which version of Word and Excel, and
which method are you using to connect? (You can change methods in Word 2000
and earlier by checking "Select method" in the Open Data Source dialog box
and choosing DDE, ODBC, or the converter. You can change methods in Word
2002 and later by checking Word Tools|Options|General|Confirm conversions at
open and re-connecting to the data source, and selecting the method you
want).Typically, you will only be able to connect to the sheet you most
recently had open when you use DDE.

Peter Jamieson

"Tara H" wrote in message
I have an Excel workbook with 4 sheets. These sheets all contain names,
addresses and account numbers. The data is roughly as follows:

Sheet 1:
Number Name Address
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c

Sheet 2:
Number Name Address
4 D 4a
5 E 5b
6 F 6c
7 G 7g
8 H 8h
9 I 9i

Sheet 3:
Number Name Address
4 D 4a
8 H 8h
9 I 9i

Sheet 4:
Code Name Address
90 Bank1 1
90 Bank2 2

I did a letter mail merge in Word using sheet 3 Excel file as the data
source.
When I preview the results by pressing the button with abc, I get 40
results, which is the correct number, and the correct names are displayed
as
I scroll through. But when I merge (to printer or file), I get the
following
results:

4 D 4a
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c
8 H 8h
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c
9 I 9i
1 A 1a
2 B 2b
3 C 3c

In other words, all of Sheet 1 is merged in between every single row.

Does anyone know what is happening here and if there is anything I can do
about it?

Thanks,
Tara